Take a quick DANTES sample test with our FREE DANTES practice sample questions! These are a quick preview of what kind of information you'll be studying in our DSST Study Guide for this subject. You can also use these DANTES sample test questions to gauge how ready you are to take your DANTES test. How do you know when you are ready? A good way to tell is when you can flip open our DANTES study guide, put your finger on a page, any page, and be able to define and explain what it is you're pointing out. That takes effort. Studying for a DSST test does take effort, but based on your previous and current experience, there may be DANTES tests that you can take with little or no study. Taking a practice DANTES test can tell you if you are ready, it can give you an idea of the content of the DANTES test, it can tell you how difficult or easy your DANTES test will be.
Still learning about DANTES tests or you need more information than just a DANTES sample test? Visit our New Student Center to get a great overview of where to start.
Fundamentals of Cybersecurity DANTES Practice Test
1) __________ is a program which exploits an overlapping IP fragment bug present
in WIN95/Win NT and WIN 3.1 machines.
The correct answer is C:) Teardrop.
2) Which of the following is a GTK+ based network protocol analyzer that interactively
browse the contents of network frames?
The correct answer is B:) Wireshark.
3) Which of the following allows admins to identify behavior and filter the web
traffic according to the header, URL?
A) HTTP inspection
B) SSL inspection
C) TCP/IP inspection
D) Port scanning
The correct answer is A:) HTTP inspection.
4) Which attack is an attempt to guess passwords until a successful guess occurs?
A) Brute force
B) Back door
C) Password smurf
The correct answer is A:) Brute force. A brute-force attack is an attempt to guess passwords
until a successful guess occurs. Because of the nature of this routine, this type of
attack usually occurs over a long period of time.
5) Which is an unsolicited commercial emailing technique?
The correct answer is A:) Spamming. Spam is unsolicited commercial e-mail. While
many consider spam a trivial nuisance rather than an attack, it has been used as a means
of enhancing malicious code attacks.
6) Which of the following is a method of data hiding where a message is kept
hidden in a picture?
The correct answer is A:) Steganography. This data then can be decoded using some
effective algorithms at the receiving end.
7) __________ runs the service SOCKS
A) Port 0
B) Port 312
C) Port 513
D) Port 1080
The correct answer is D:) Port 1080. This protocol tunnels traffic through firewalls,
allowing many people behind the firewall to access the internet through a single IP address.
8) Which of the following is usually used for protecting the integrity of data?
The correct answer is A:) MD5. The most commonly used methods to protect data
integrity includes hashing the data you receive and comparing it with the hash of the
9) __________ is an attack on the availability of data
B) Trojan horse
The correct answer is A:) DDoS. Information only has value if the right people can access
it at the right times.
10) __________ maintains record of system activity by system or application processes
or by user initiated processes.
A) Audit logs
B) Config files
C) Meta files
D) System info
The correct answer is A:) Audit logs. An audit log is a full historic account of all events
that are relevant for a certain object.