|Money and Banking DANTES STudy Guide|
The Money and Banking DANTES study guide covers everything you need to know about money. You'll learn about the Federal Reserve, the history of banking, monetary policy and the monetary system. We also include flashcards to help you memorize the material. This guide will help you ace the DSST test. This DANTES exam has some overlap with the CLEP Microeconomics and CLEP Macroeconomics tests. If you are considering taking this DANTES test, you may want to see if you are eligible for those tests as well.
||DSST Credits: 3
DSST Credit Type: Baccalaureate Upper Division
DSST Difficulty: 3
Number of Questions on the DANTES / DSST Test: 94
ACE Recommended Passing Score: 48
Free Sample DANTES Questions Online
| Included in the Money and Banking DANTES Study Guide
- The Origin and Evolution of Money
- Money as an IOU
- The Basic Properties of Money
- Bills of Exchange
- Paper Money
- Goldsmith Bankers
- Virginian Tobacco
- Gold Standard
- Intangible Money
- The Future of Money
- A Brief History of Banking and Credit
- The Fractional Reserve System
- What is a Bank?
- How Banks Create Money
- The Contemporary World Financial System
- Components of the Contemporary Financial System
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- Bank of International Settlements (BIS)
- The World Bank
- Central Banks–The U.S. Federal Reserve Bank System
- Investment Banks and Commercial Banks
- Government Sponsored Entities (GSEs)
- Stock, Foreign Exchange (FOREX) and Commodity Exchanges
- Some Concerns
- The Role of Interest Rates Effects of Inflation
- Time Value of Money
- The Influence of Interest Rates
- The Federal Funds Rate and Reserve Requirement
- Other Important Types of Financial Interest Rates
- Banking and Indirect Finance
- How a Bank Functions
- Types of Banks
- How do Banks Make Money?
- Corporate Formation and Structure of Banks
- Obtaining a Mortgage and an Auto Loan
- Bank Operations
- Non-Bank Finance
- Public Market Financing
- Private Investment Companies and Syndicates
- Venture Capitalists
- Leasing Companies
- Private or Second Mortgages
- Sub-Prime Mortgage Lending
- Asset-Based Lending
- Central Banking
- Brief History of the U.S. Federal Reserve Bank
- Structure of the Federal Reserve System
- Role of the FOMC and How Fed Funds Rates are Established
- Constant Vigilance
- The U.S. Dollar and the Lender of Last Resort (LOLR)
- Fed Controversy
- International Finance
- International Trade, Comparative Advantage and Exchange Rates
- Currency Exchange Rates
- Foreign Investment
- Balance of Payments
- Balance of Payments Deficit and Surplus
- The International Financial System
- Monetary Policy and Globalization
- Sample DANTES Test Questions
- Test Taking Strategies
- What Your Score Means
- Test Preparation
Testimonials for the Money and Banking DANTES Study Guide
I took this about four weeks ago and passed with a 63. - Jack B.
I'm so happy to be done with this one! I passed earlier today with a 70 after spending the last couple of weeks feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the info to learn. It really helps to have a solid macroeconomic base of knowledge for this test. - Keith K.
Passed with a 64... - Rachel S.
I was able to get a 54 and pass!
I felt like my overall understanding of the money system from the passyourclass study guide was a huge help and reading on the fed as well. - Manuel B.
I bought the digital version of your Money and Banking study guide and loved it! - Matthew W.
I have bought several clep/dantes guides from you. Your product is great, as I have passed several tests including Money and Banking, Educational Psychology, American Literature, Principles of Statistics. -Todd
Passed this today with a 52/48 enough for a B at Excelsior. Can't believe I passed to be honest. Total time spent studying was probably around 20-25 hours over 10 days. - Sam R.
Passed this exam today with a 64. I studied hard for about three weeks. - Kasey L.