Take a quick DANTES sample test with our FREE DANTES practice sample questions! These are a quick preview of what kind of information you'll be studying in our DSST Study Guide for this subject. You can also use these DANTES sample test questions to gauge how ready you are to take your DANTES test. How do you know when you are ready? A good way to tell is when you can flip open our DANTES study guide, put your finger on a page, any page, and be able to define and explain what it is you're pointing out. That takes effort. Studying for a DSST test does take effort, but based on your previous and current experience, there may be DANTES tests that you can take with little or no study. Taking a practice DANTES test can tell you if you are ready, it can give you an idea of the content of the DANTES test, it can tell you how difficult or easy your DANTES test will be.
Still learning about DANTES tests or you need more information than just a DANTES sample test? Visit our New Student Center to get a great overview of where to start.
Human Resource Management DANTES Practice Test
1) John Turner was laid off from his communications job. What law gave him the right to continue receiving health benefits by paying the monthly premium?
2) Which test concludes the capacity a person has to learn new skills?
A) aptitude test
B) attitude test
C) achievement test
D) analogous test
3) Which of the following is a step-by-step method of teaching a job?
A) On-the-job training
B) Vestibule training
C) Job instruction training
D) Programmed learning
4) John comes to work late many times a month. His supervisor keeps track of these tardies as well as when he exceeds his goals. What method is being used?
A) Classification method
B) Forced distribution method
C) Management by objectives
D) Critical incident method
5) John is paid $1500 per computer he sells. This is his only compensation. This means he
A) Is paid salary
B) Is paid on commission
C) Is paid piecework
D) Is paid both salary and commission
6) A 401k account provides what?
A) A way to save for retirement
B) A pension account
C) Stock in the company
D) None of the above
7) Which law/organization requires most employers with 100 or more employees to provide notification 60 calendar days in advance of plant closings and mass layoffs?
C) Taft Hartley Act
8) _____________ is a neutral third party that helps two parties reach an agreement.
B) Union leader
9) FEP stands for what
A) Free enterprise permits
B) Fair employment practices
C) Fun entrepreneurship program
D) Frequent employee perks
10) It is illegal to give a candidate a polygraph test unless the job is for
B) Pharmaceutical sales person
D) Store clerk
DSST Practice Test Answer Key:
- C:) COBRA. The Comprehensive Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act allows employees to retain medical insurance after they quit or are terminated, for up to 18 months.
- A:) Aptitude test. An aptitude test determines the capacity a person has to learn new information or new skills.
- C:) Job instruction training. Job instruction training is a step-by-step method of teaching a job.
- D:) Critical incident method. The critical incident method is when management keeps a record of an employee’s positive or negative behavior.
- B:) Is paid on commission. When a person is only paid a percentage or fixed amount based on the amount they sell, it is called commission only.
- A:) A way to save for retirement. A 401k is a way to save for retirement. What the employee chooses to contribute is taken out before it is taxed. Many employers match up to 3%, making an employees contribution 6%, helping offset the money needed to retire.
- B:) WARN. The Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN) protects workers, their families, and communities by requiring most employers with 100 or more employees to provide notification 60 calendar days in advance of plant closings and mass layoffs.
- A:) Mediator. A mediator is a neutral third party that helps two parties reach an agreement.
- B:) Fair employment practices. FEPs or fair employment practices are state laws that govern employees.
- B:) Pharmaceutical sales person. The Employee Polygraph Protection Act of 1988 prohibits the use of polygraph in pre-hire screening except in the case of government agencies, pharmaceutical companies, and security guards.