Take a quick DANTES sample test with our FREE DANTES practice sample questions! These are a quick preview of what kind of information you'll be studying in our DSST Study Guide for this subject. You can also use these DANTES sample test questions to gauge how ready you are to take your DANTES test. How do you know when you are ready? A good way to tell is when you can flip open our DANTES study guide, put your finger on a page, any page, and be able to define and explain what it is you're pointing out. That takes effort. Studying for a DSST test does take effort, but based on your previous and current experience, there may be DANTES tests that you can take with little or no study. Taking a practice DANTES test can tell you if you are ready, it can give you an idea of the content of the DANTES test, it can tell you how difficult or easy your DANTES test will be.
Still learning about DANTES tests or you need more information than just a DANTES sample test? Visit our New Student Center to get a great overview of where to start.
Statistics DANTES Practice Test
1) The class marks in a frequency distribution of the weights of classmates are 128, 137, 146, 155, 164, 173, and 182 pounds. Determine the class-interval size.
2) Find the median of the following 15 numbers:
35, 49, 225, 50, 30, 65, 40, 55, 52, 76, 48, 325, 47, 32, and 60.
3) The mean cholesterol level of 500 participants in a drug study is 151 with a standard deviation of 15. Assuming the cholesterol levels are normally distributed, find how many participants have cholesterol levels that are between 120 and 155.
4) What is the value of the correlation coefficient, r, if there is perfect correlation between the two variables?
A) r = 0
B) r = 1
C) r = -1
D) r =1/2
5) How many ways can you arrange 7 trophies on a trophy shelf?
6) One jar contains 5 gumdrops and 2 chocolates while a second jar contains 1 gumdrop and 3 chocolates. What is the probability of choosing a piece of chocolate if you choose from the one of the two purses at random?
7) A lottery contest offers a first prize of $5000 with a 0.001 probability and a second prize of $2000 with a 0.003 probability. What would be a fair price for a lottery ticket based on this information?
8) The reaction time of a driver while talking on a cell phone was measured by an engineer. The engineer estimates that the standard deviation is 0.05 seconds. How large of a sample of drivers must the engineer take in order to be 95% confident that the error of his estimate will not exceed 0.01 seconds?
A) N = 82
B) N ≤ 88
C) N ≥ 97
D) N = 82
9) What type of error occurs when the hypothesis was rejected when it should have been accepted?
A) Type I
B) Type II
C) Type III
D) Type IV
10) The 95% confidence coefficients for the normal distribution are given by 4.52 ±. What are the corresponding coefficients for the t distribution if the degree of freedom is 9?
Need more practice?
Our Principles of Statistics DANTES Study guide has 90 MORE test questions to help you get ready for the test!
Principles of Statistics DSST Practice Test Answer Key:
- 1. B
- 2. B
- 3. B
- 4. B
- 5. B
- 6. A
- 7. D
- 8. C
- 9. A
- 10. C